Trade Secrets: A State-by-State Survey, Sixth Edition (Sale!)
Use code SALE15 at checkout to receive 15% off the Sixth Edition. Cannot be combined with other discounts.
Trade Secrets: A State-by-State Survey provides authoritative, in-depth analysis of each state’s statutory and common law protection of trade secrets and other confidential business information, both within and outside of the employment context.
Cutting-edge questions examined in the Sixth Edition include:
- Can terms of employment qualify as trade secrets?
- Is pseudocode statutorily protected?
- Does e-mailing screenshots of a user interface constitute misappropriation?
- Is storing information in a cloud-based internet account a reasonable effort to maintain secrecy?
- Can an employee be held liable for accessing work documents and sending them to his personal e-mail?
- And more!
Using a uniform topic structure that provides a comparative view across states, this treatise is invaluable for lawyers with a multi-jurisdictional practice, as well as for those seeking persuasive authority from other states.
SUMMARY OF CONTENTS
Each State Chapter Addresses:
- State's Definition of "Trade Secret"
- Courts' Interpretations Under the Statute, Uniform Trade Secrets Act, and Common Law
- Policy Considerations Recognized by Courts
- Evidence Establishing the Elements of a Trade Secret and of a Misappropriation Claim
- Courts' Justifications for Denial of Protection
- Types of Information Granted Trade Secret Protection
- Types of Relief Granted for the Misappropriation of Trade Secrets
- Level of Protection for "Proprietary Information"
- References to Law Review Articles/Other Publications