Privilege and Professional Confidences: An International Review
This new book provides both outside and in-house legal practitioners and also individuals and businesses seeking legal advice on domestic and international levels with information regarding the metes and bounds of protection from forced disclosure of privileged communications.
Issues that may arise in maintaining privilege in such cross-border confidential communications will be discussed for a number of jurisdictions including the United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and European Union, among others. Also discussed are a number of international initiatives regarding the development of an internationally harmonized protection of communications between IP owners and their IP legal providers. A quick-reference comparison chart is included.
- Jeffrey I. D. Lewis, Foley Hoag
- Steven B. Garland, Smart & Biggar LLP
- Jamie-Lynn Kraft, Smart & Biggar LLP
- European Union: The European Court of Justice (ECJ)
- European Union: The European Patent Office (EPO)
- European Union: The Unified Patent Court (UPC)
- The Netherlands
- Russian Federation
- South America
- United Kingdom and Ireland
- United States
- Quick-View Comparison Chart